Wednesday 11 May 2011

Pappy's Sassafrass

What the heck is that?




It's Pappy's Sassafrass Tea.

Can't you read?

Saw this in the supermarket on my recent trip to the America, and I had to include this in the blog. Found the website for Pappy's Sassafrass Tea, and thought you're life would be a bit less full if you didn't see this.






As the site says, 'With Pappy’s there is no work, no mess and no tea bags to wring-out or discard!' This is like the exact opposite of all the hassle involved in preparing green tea that I wrote about in the last post.

1 comment:

  1. I grew up in Lancaster, PA, and in the surrounding hilly forested areas, the Sassafras tree grows very well. I also encountered it where my mom's side of the family lived in Arkansas. I love this tree; one of my friends affectionately calls it the "Hand Tree" as its leaves look somewhat like hands, having either no lobes, or one or two thumb-like lobes.

    Something about the tree is very pleasant, the way it looks...its leaves, its deeply furrowed, rich brown bark, its peculiar shape (it's a medium tree with an oddly robust-looking trunk, growing upwards but usually not in a straight or direct way), and of course, the pleasing aroma that emanates from any part of the plant when crushed.

    ReplyDelete