Wednesday 27 January 2010

Preconceptions

Have considered writing about tea for a long while, and am still a bit hesitant. So I'll write about what's holding me back and get it out of the way.

First of all, I had many preconceptions about tea when I would reject it as a choice of beverage. Was never much of an iced-tea drinker. And my perception of tea in general was stuck in the 19th Century. I saw it as a very snooty and elitist drink. So that's my first goal-to tell how I got over that prejudice.

I've already gotten a bit of the ribbing I expected for writing about tea. Have heard repeatedly to write about what makes you passionate, and here it is. To many, being passionate about leaves dunked in recently cooked water is questionable. To others, it's merely a daily beverage to be given little thought.

The one I was most concerned about, though, is the smallest most difficult audience. The tea connoisseur. What can I possibly offer that he hasn't already read about or doesn't already know? Well, this isn't really for that person. There are enough of those websites/blogs.

I'd like to write about what I've learned so far and pull you along with me. Because of the above-mentioned passion, I'm sure at least I will be having a good time.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you have to worry about not contributing to the knowledge of tea. It's a subject so wast, so personal that it's not possible for a single human to fathom all tea lore in a lifetime. If somebody thinks they are fully learnt, they are in for a surprise.

    So keep posting.

    @manx

    ReplyDelete